Thursday, February 21, 2008

Even so.

The world in which I live causes my heart to break. Every day I see people who laugh at the cross, who foolishly ignore the message. For as scripture says it is foolishness to those who are perishing. This is another issue that causes my heart to feel both heavy and light. This brokenness is heavy- often times more than what I feel I can handle. Even so, this brokenness is what I desire. A broken heart is a heart that longs for Yahweh. Pure in love. Honest in prayer. Patient in affliction. Open in worship. Disciplined, yet hopeful. Out of this position of the heart comes my sense of calling. My sense of belonging. It's the thing that drives my passion for people. Even the people I don't know.

I've been praying a really simple prayer lately. It's only a few lines long, but it's straight from the heart.

Yahweh-
the desire of my heart is to know yours.
your love is my lifesong.
your grace is my freedom.
reveal to me my passions,
show me your heart.

No comments: